RyanM

Well Known Member
Hello,

Well, I made a mistake. I over torqued the AN fittings for my vent line inside my tank. As a result it twisted the tubing. I wasn't thinking and had the torque wrench set to 100 inch/lbs.

You can see a picture here (at the top of the picture)

Now, I've undone the fitting and inspected everything, and it looked good, and properly torqued it.

What if anything should be done? Should I replace any of the parts? Granted if these were pressurized fuel lines, I'd in a heartbeat replace it, but since its the vent line, I'm thinking it may be ok. Thoughts?

Last edited:
That's really soft tubing, and you should be OK as long as there aren't any sharp crinkles in it. But, if the tank is really still open, I would be tempted to replace it for piece of mind. You could also put some proseal over the deformed area.

Vic

AN Fitting Torque

Ryan. When you come to re-torque/torque the AN fitting AeroQuip give a simple alternative to using a torque wrench that works with EVERY AN fitting:

* Tighten the AN fitting hand tight
* Mark the AN fitting and an adjacent fixed point
* Tighten 1/4 turn
* End

Simplicity will always get my vote!

See this link for the download

Regards

Bob Ellis
www.rv-8.co.uk

Ryan,

Since I don't see any wiring installed to your capacitive fuel senders I assume you have not yet installed the rear baffles. If so, it is so easy and cheap to just replace the vent tube (for peace of mind as Vic stated above) I would replace it. It's probably OK to leave as is, but I see no compelling reason to do so.