Titan Webber

I'm New Here
Help. When to drill the turtle deck to the upper longeron? We have to countersink the holes in the longerons yes? We have to dimple the skins so the turtle deck will fit flush don't we? I can't seem to find where and when I'm supposed to drill the turtle deck to the side skins and the upper longeron. I was going to drill the turtle deck to the skin then transfer the holes to the upper longeron, but what if they don't match up? after I rivet the fuselage together? I found only two holes in the skins line up with the turtle deck. Any assistance here is greatly appreciated. Thanks. T.W.

Help. When to drill the turtle deck to the upper longeron? We have to countersink the holes in the longerons yes? We have to dimple the skins so the turtle deck will fit flush don't we? I can't seem to find where and when I'm supposed to drill the turtle deck to the side skins and the upper longeron. I was going to drill the turtle deck to the skin then transfer the holes to the upper longeron, but what if they don't match up? after I rivet the fuselage together? I found only two holes in the skins line up with the turtle deck. Any assistance here is greatly appreciated. Thanks. T.W.

Since the side skins are sandwiched between the turtle deck and the longerons, they are machine countersunk with the longerons. The turtle deck skin will be dimpled.

Couldn't tell you that. Back when I built, there wasn't much of a manual. We just had to figure things out for ourselves.

prepuched kit?

If you have a pre-punched -8. The upper longerons get machine countersunk. The aft side skin gets dimpled and the turtle deck gets dimpled in this order: The aft side skins get fitted and final drilled to the upper longerons but not the turtle deck yet. It all gets clecoed together to allow riveting of the aft deck. That holds things square. Then when to that point the aft side skin gets riveted to structure and bulkheads and with keeper rivets on the upper longerons (887). Then later during the build the turtle deck gets fitted again and gets final drilled to the bulkheads but not the upper longerons. The holes in the turtle deck that go to the longerons get final drilled and dimpled off of the structure. Then it is clecoed and riveted onto the fuselage. I can get you the page numbers if you need them. The turtle deck info is later on in the manual thats why its hard to find. It is easy to get ahead of yourself in this step.

bird