Darren S

Well Known Member
My big day is May 20th. The wife has agreed (with a little arm twisting) to fly with me somewhere on this long weekend.

From Calgary to Cut Bank, Montana is about an hour. I plan to clear customs here. From there it looks like south to the Idaho Falls, Twin Falls area. This should only be another two hours, give or take. I think that's probably all she can handle. I'm praying for good weather.

I am unfamiliar with this area and it's amenities. Anybody have any suggestions on Resorts, places to stay, things to do etc....

Thanks,

Darren

Lakeshore Lodge, McCall, ID, is a real pretty place. Close-in airport, too. Great little town.

If you're up for camping, Johnson Creek, 15 or 20 minutes east, will give you a nice intro to the area's mountain airstrips.

Only thing is, that might be a little early for camping... There's still snow on the ground there today.

Places to go

Funny you should mention that. I am turning 50. Did not ask, but told my wife I am going to Vegas with my high school bud. Her only caveat was not overnight stay. (She knows my buddy too well). Plan to do it during the week before the end of June, but trying to figure out when is the best time to avoid the June Gloom leaving KHHR near LAX. Plan to leave Vegas to come home when I am $1000 lighter. Wanna meet in vegas?