blaplante

Well Known Member
From what I've read, a good deal of the angle valve IO-360's power comes from the equal length 'tuned' intake runners.

Has anyone ever tried to fabricate (or adapt) equal length tuned runners for the O-320?

160HP on low compression auto-gas seems like an interesting engine.

Cold air intake system

Over the last few months I have been doing numerous Dyno pulls on an O-360 ?A4A testing these and many other theories with intake & exhaust peripheral modifications only.
As far as a cold air system, on my Dyno, in the induction, at 100% power @ 2600 rpm, on a carbureted O-360-A4A. Taking temp readings at the carb inlet (probe-1) and another probe in the induction tube near the head (probe-2). Shows that there is minimal temp variation of ?2 to +3 degrees f., in some pulls there is actually a decrease in intake runner temp(P-2) from the pressure drop through the carb., and the atomization of the fuel. On the data obtained @ lower/higher rpms this temperature spread is more/less. On the cold air induction sumps, the power increase is from wave residence and velocity obtained by plenum size and tube length.
Thomas S.