ka6dan

Well Known Member
What is the trick to routing the AOA and pitot tubing from the instrument panel to the wing root. Specifically for RV 7's and 9's. My original question was not adequate to address my current activity.

Also where can one find green or blue 1/4" tubing

1/4" nylon tubing in the plumbing department at Lowes or Home Depot. It's almost as flexible as a wire bundle, just route it wherever it makes sense and don't kink it.

Similar to wiring

I used 1/4" poly tubing from Lowes Aviation and routed pitot through sub panel, down firewall with wiring, under the center tunnel, across the front of the center spar section with the brake line, then through the hole in center section to the wing root.

Also ran AOA from wing root through the snap bushing at front of seat ribs then under floor panels and baggage area to ADHARS behind baggage panel. If it was going to panel, I could have run it through wiring holes in center section near the tunnel. Just need enough radius turn to not kink tube, or use 90? fitting if you can find one.

Good luck

From the wing then up under the upright fuse spar caps then under the fwd canopy deck to behind the panel.

SafeAir sells the blue and green tubing plus fittings in a kit.