ERJDriver

Well Known Member
So second flat on my 8A on the right main. Original tube from when I got it was replaced in the field when I had a flat with an 11/4-5 short 90* cuz that was all I had. Figured it was ok as it had been a few months,walked into the hangar the other day to a flat.

What makes these things worth 70 more bucks for a 5-5.00 vs a 11/4-5 other than a TR67 long valve stem? Anyone found a solution or just take it up the butt for a tube?

Are you using lawnmower tubes on your RV-8? Did I read that correctly? You can do as you please, but a failure on landing could make for a very bad day and mess up your wheel pants. And maybe your other pants.

I think you'll find many people on this forum overwhelmingly are fans of the Michelin Airstop tubes. They're a little more expensive than some of the other options out there, but they hold pressure for a good long time.

Tire pressure

It is important to check tire pressure before flight.
If to low pressure, the tire will move on the wheel
when landing. I use 40 psi.

Good luck

Nose wheel flats

This is interesting. I've never had a problem with my mains, but I've had 4 flat tires on my 7A's nosewheel. I carry a spare tube now everywhere I go because that size is uncommon and hard to find out in the field. Ask me how I know.