Brent Colvin

Well Known Member
Does anybody out there know how to make my 496 talk to a TT ADI? I am having problems finding this info. ADI has pitch and bank, just no signal from 496. Thanks in advance

Hi Brent......

....It's in my ADI II manual. You can go to TruTrak's website and download the manual. It's on page 16 in my manual, so you don't need the whole book.

Basically, you press menu, menu..select "setup" with the rocker. Press down arrow to ""serial data format"..press "enter" and a popup window will show the various settings. Use the keypad to select "NMEA IN/NMEA out"., press enter., select 4800 baud rate.Press menu to enter the advanced NMEA page. Select "advanced NMEA setup" and press enter. Use the arrow keypad and enter to select "Fast output" or turn off GPS status, waypoint route and Garmin proprietary".

This should correctly set up your 494 to provide RS 232 serial data to your TruTrak.

Regards,

Not really...

....but the wheat's really looking good and we usually spray fungicides for white mold in April. Cotton and peanuts in the summer.

The -7A is coming together nicely in the hangar and yesterday three of us got it on it's legs, wheels down:) Engine will hang by the weekend and then the wiring/plumbing/cussing:)

Regards,