petersb

Well Known Member
All EFIS systems have their engine sensors connected to a seperate module. I understand in most systems some proccesing occurs, then the sensor info is sent to the EFIS through usually an RS232 combus.

Not sure how the GRT system works as their 'engine sensor module' is also sold as a self contained engine monitor ( I have used their EIS 4000 for years). I was told that the engine out of limit parameters are programmed in the EIS module, although I also read that they are/can be programmed in the EFIS.

Can I connect the sensors to the EIS, forget any programming here and just program the limits into the EFIS.

Peter

You can set the limits in the EFIS, just need to set the EIS limits to zero (I think) for it to ignore them. You do have to set the aux input parameters in the EIS though.

Bob

Peter,
All the engine source/ information are received from the EIS. The limits can be set on both the EIS and EIFS and work independently from one another. Most find it useless to set the engine limits on both the EIS and EIFS so by setting the limits on the EIS to zero, essentially you will turn off that parameter and then set it on the EIFS.

My preference has been to program only very critical item on the EIS like the oil pressure and every thing else (including oil pressure) on the EIFS. Reason for that is that I don?t turn my EIFS prior to engine start and I want to know right away if there is any issue with those critical items.

Hope this helps.