erikpmort

Well Known Member
Ya know how you're supposed to get a slight rise in the motor rpm when you pull lean to idle cut off ? My A&P has been unsuccessful in getting my idle to stay that way. We adjust only when up to temperature. He can't get the idle rich enough. Any suggestions ?

I have to admit, when I saw the title, I thought you had some grand money-making scheme in mind :)

Two Things To Check

Make sure your timing is dead nuts on and double check clamps on intake rubbers and tightness of intake elbows. If you have the slightest intake leak, you'll never get that rise you're looking for. I've seen that 'lean rise' barely perceptible in some cases.

Thanks. Yeah I think someone mentioned induction leak before when I was scratching my head about this.

Ya know how you're supposed to get a slight rise in the motor rpm when you pull lean to idle cut off ? My A&P has been unsuccessful in getting my idle to stay that way. We adjust only when up to temperature. He can't get the idle rich enough. Any suggestions ?

My A&P said to do the test at 1000 rpm.

-John

I am assuming this is an RSA or similar injected engine. There is an allowance to adjust the linkage beyond what might be available by turning the adjustment nut. Check in the RSA trouble shooting guide available on line as a PDF. Call Airflow Performance if in doubt