scard

Well Known Member
Advertiser
I'm trying to get my brain around the Trutrak pitch servo bracket installation for the "new" -1 RV8. Does anybody have any good pictures?

Scott:

Here are photos of my install. Hope it helps. This may be an earlier design than what you have now as I notice my brackets look quite a bit different than Jack Clark's. My servo mounts farther forward than Jack's and one of the bolts holding the servo to the bracket is actually covered by the bellcrank. My install was in 2007.

Note that this was a retrofit and thus bolts, not rivets, were used to hold down the bracket. Also note the safety wired nuts on the servo itself. This was not provided by TT, but something I added since the four bolts holding the motor to its servo bracket do not have nuts on them. [Note that for some reason when I uploaded the photos they appear in reverse order of construction so review them in backward sequence (obvious I'm sure).]

http://picasaweb.google.com/pratt.c...id=PHk1GaNcyzumr2pwbsVzXw#5505502409011148530

Chris

Last edited:
Thanks Chris. Van changed the parts in that structure since yours. It now looks like Jack's pictures.

Thanks Chris. Van changed the parts in that structure since yours. It now looks like Jack's pictures.

For the better I see. The servo crapped out on my return flight from OSH and I had to remove the bellcrank in order to get the servo out. It looks as though the new setup will avoid this additional work.

Chris