bobmarkert

Well Known Member
Vans redesigned the way the elevator pitch bell crank structure is built in the RV-8. I have the new version. When I tried to install the TruTrak pitch servo bracket, I ran into a problem. Closely examining the picture TruTrak sent, it looks like TruTrak removed some material from the Vans original design and the rear bolt no longer goes through the fuselage structure (not smart enough to add arrow to picture? sigh?). The hole in the bracket are pre-drilled and when I dry-mounted the bracket the rear holes are too close to the edge. Has anyone else run into this and if so, did you remove some metal or did you live with close/non-existing edge clearance? Thanks for all the replies ahead of time!

This first picture is what TruTrk sent as an example. It looks like the first bolt aft of the bell crank does not tie into the aircraft structure, it only has the spacer between the two sided of the bracket

truetrakpitchmount11100.jpg

The following are is my install. I realize the bracket is held up by the bulkhead, but in the example sent by TruTrk in the picture above it is the same way.

ttpitchmount1.jpg

ttpitchmount2.jpg

Yep, you aren't the only one. I talked with Andrew about that a couple of years ago. He was drinking something that must have come out of a fuel pump, so it probably didn't stick long enough for him to get home and do something about it.

I think I just made up some brackets of my own, but I can't really remember.