aussieflyer1

Well Known Member
I was wondering if anyone knows what this issue could be.
I have installed a Gemini PFD and it's getting it's signal for airspeed and heading from the Garmin CNX80 (480).
The wire out of the Gemini into the CNX80 goes into port #2 out of the Garmin and my Digitrack pilot does the same. Since install of the Gemini I don't get any A/S or heading and if any heading present at all on the Gemini it's all over the shop.
I have sent the Gemini back twice to the shop because it was also going into tumble mode after 15-30 mins of flight but they could make it perform these issues at there shop.
Any help from a member that has had any similar problems.

Looking back at the screen shot you sent me, something in the data stream from your CNX80 is making it spit out a ground speed of about 8000 kts. :) The autopilot does not care what the ground speed is, so I believe this is the source of the issue. The Gemini is not designed to account for near space shuttle speeds, this is the reason the attitude display was showing errors.

Do you have another GPS in the airplane that you can connect to the Gemini?

Also, which serial port out of the CNX80 is feeding the Gemini, and what are the settings on that port?

I ask because I have a GNS480 (same thing) successfully feeding my Gemini PFD, and maybe I can help you troubleshoot.

Gemini PFD to CNX80

Kurt
Do you happen to know the port # out of your 480 into the Gemini this would help. I could then try to see if that would work for me.
Lucas is correct and he has been great in helping out, trutrak service is excellent.

Gemini PFD

Lucas,

Sent a PM, text as follows in case you don't get the PM:

Getting ready to order a Gemini PFD and want to use my Garmin 296 for GPS input. The 296 has 2 comm ports, one of which I'm using to drive the Navaid GPS track function (works perfectly). Can I use the other comm port to simultaneously sent input to the Gemini PFD? I will eventually pick up a 396 so I can have weather/music, any problems using the 396 the same way (2 comm ports simultaneously)?

Thanks,
Oly

Oly,

You should be able to just tap into the serial line already going to the autopilot and use that one. Once you get your 396, you can do it the same way.

Kurt
Do you happen to know the port # out of your 480 into the Gemini this would help. I could then try to see if that would work for me.
Lucas is correct and he has been great in helping out, trutrak service is excellent.

I wouldn't want to guess and be wrong, so let me get home tonight and look at my wiring diagram book. Will post back then.

Could a moderator move this to the appropriate forum? I would hate for this info to find its way into the trash pile.