Michael Brown

Over the last week I have been helping my Dad install a TruTrak Digiflight II VS in his RV-4. We finished up the wiring tonight and decided to through the switch. During this short power up I noticed lines in the screen. We have not gone through the setup yet. I thought I remembered reading something about this, but I can't seem to find it. Has anyone else had this problem? I hope it is any easy fix. I want to go flying! Thanks!

Over the last week I have been helping my Dad install a TruTrak Digiflight II VS in his RV-4. We finished up the wiring tonight and decided to through the switch. During this short power up I noticed lines in the screen. We have not gone through the setup yet. I thought I remembered reading something about this, but I can't seem to find it. Has anyone else had this problem? I hope it is any easy fix. I want to go flying! Thanks!

OK, I'm resurrecting this ancient thread because I have the same problem. The unit worked fine when I took the airplane down 18 months ago, but now it is as you described above. The unit has been in a box on the shelf for most of the last year and a half and has not been dropped or damaged... Anybody know the root cause of the problem, and is it fixable in the field or does it have to go back home?

old screen?

You might have the old screens. Mine would do that about once a year. A couple of years ago they went to new screens and no more problems.

Maybe Lucas will chime in and help you out. Great people at TruTrak!!

You might have the old screens. Mine would do that about once a year. A couple of years ago they went to new screens and no more problems.

Maybe Lucas will chime in and help you out. Great people at TruTrak!!

So your screen would "come back"? Was this on its own, or did you have to do something?

BTW, I'm planning on doing the "maiden" X country out your way this weekend. (autopilot or not)

OK, nevermind...

It appears that there is a known problem with the "green" screens (which I have). Looks like it's going home for a new blue screen.