Kato's 8

Well Known Member
Goodmorning all!
I was wanting to buy the trutrak single axis autopilot l but i'm told that they no longer sell them. Just the 2 axis now for roughly $4K. Anyway, has anyone used this and mounted the servos in the QB fuse? I was going to put the roll servo in the fuse but what about room for 2 servos in there?
Thanks!
Bill

I'm not sure if I understand your question, Bill, but there's room in the fuse for both servos. The TT instructions show how to mount the roll servo in the floor near the front stick, and the pitch servo mounts back by the elevator bellcrank.

Several builders have websites with pics, and there are even some here on DT showing the servo mountings.

Is that what you're asking?

I'm not sure if I understand your question, Bill, but there's room in the fuse for both servos. The TT instructions show how to mount the roll servo in the floor near the front stick, and the pitch servo mounts back by the elevator bellcrank.

Several builders have websites with pics, and there are even some here on DT showing the servo mountings.

Is that what you're asking?

Well kind of. I was under the impression that a 2 axis AP had two servos that operated the push rods for roll and directly on stick for pitch. I do have the trim servo but didnt know if the auto pilot ll uses the trim tab for that or not. I guess I'm thinking the auto pilot pitch servo would not only keep level once trimmed but could also actuate elevator movement for climb and desent.
Thanks for the help. I probably need to "school" up a bit more on the systems.

ADI II Autopilot

I have an ADI II in my QB -8A. Installation was a breeze; however I did manage to reverse both the pith and roll input wires. Fix was easy.

I have an ADI II in my QB -8A. Installation was a breeze; however I did manage to reverse both the pith and roll input wires. Fix was easy.

They said to mention that I had the QB fuse and wings so that I would get the proper mounts. Did you mount everything in the fuse or did they give you the option on mounting location?
thanks

They said to mention that I had the QB fuse and wings so that I would get the proper mounts. Did you mount everything in the fuse or did they give you the option on mounting location?
thanks

For the -8, mounting both in the fuselage works out great - you can test the whole system out while still in your shop, before installign the wings. Mine has been that way for about five years - no worries.

Paul