bgaston

Well Known Member
My ADI ( 360 hrs since new) has developed a new noise and some vibration of the display. It's very noticeable prior to engine start. Is this an early indication of a bigger issue and failure?

I seem to remember this being an issue a couple years back, you might try searching the forums.

Also, if the voltage is down, the ADI will "tilt" over.

Keep us posted as to the outcome, please.

Good luck.

Sounds like low voltage to me. Is your battery getting old? I have done some battery depletion testing and my ADI acts like this around 10-11 volts IIRC. When the engine starts and system voltage comes up due to the alternator the condition should disappear. What is the voltage at the ADI connector?

ADI Issue

I just installed a new battery and have 13-14 v to the unit.
The noise sounds like a bearing going out. I'll take a closer look next time I run the engine.

OOPS!

Sorry about that, it was sitting in my draft box. I apparently didn't hit the "send" button. :) NOW I've replied. :D

Lucas,
Last winter I reported issues with my ADI that it would sag and act lazy when it was cold and foggy day. "cold and foggy" was the only thing that I found as a common factor when it behaved that way. TT confirmed they had seen others reporting this but had no fix for it. Well it is winter time again and the other day my ADI was behaving the same. Is there any update or fix for it now?

Lucas,
Last winter I reported issues with my ADI that it would sag and act lazy when it was cold and foggy day. "cold and foggy" was the only thing that I found as a common factor when it behaved that way. TT confirmed they had seen others reporting this but had no fix for it. Well it is winter time again and the other day my ADI was behaving the same. Is there any update or fix for it now?

Mehrdad, PM me or call with your serial number and I'll give you an RMA number to return it to us. We'll see what we can figure out.