Maurice Dubois

I'm New Here
The Federal Government came out with the Truth in Lending Act in 1968 because consumers heard one thing and were delivered another on their loans - usually to the benefit of the lender.

LOE needed a bit of Truth in RENTING. I understood Enterprise would rent their mid size cars for $29 per day. When I made my reservation I was told the price was $32. I accepted it. I rented the car and was never told that I would be required to rent for 3 days. I left the car at the airport on Sunday, expecting to be charged for 2 days. My final bill came to $116.84. I called the local Enterprise office and was told that all the LOE cars were set up for a 3 day rental period. I looked at my contract; nothing there about 3 days.

I understand there are costs involved in moving the cars from El Paso to Santa Teresa; however, put it in black and white beforehand and let us make an informed decision about our costs at LOE. Shame on you, Enterprise.

As to the actual event: absolutely wonderful. Even the rain didn't keep us from enjoying it.

Last edited:
Inflation on car rental

Tobin,

We went to the first Las Cruces fly in and rented a cute little car for 15 bucks a day; and we split the cost with Martin and Claudia Sutter; what a deal! We're having inflation, but it's not that bad.

Okay, so maybe they didn't make any money at 15 bucks a day; but at $116.84 they didn't do too bad, and the only way it makes sense is if you split the cost with two other couples. That brings the per-person price down to less than 20 bucks each.

I love the fly in, but there must be a better solution for ground transportation for those who don't get a chance to share a ride.

Maurice.

Supply/Demand unfortunately

Red told me he had no luck getting price breaks on hotels or cars this year while helping plan the event. The rental car and hotel companies were not hurting for business when he called, and unfortuately we all had to pay more as a result.

I'm bummed also.

b,
d

AYA folks had a Similar Problem.....

I am still reading the "Grumman Gang" (old habits are hard to break), and I think they had essentially the same problem with Enterprise in Fredericksburg (TX) this year at the annual fly-in - people got charged for days other than what they were promised up front. I think that enough folks complained to the regional manager that things eventually got fixed....I think they count on people not going to the trouble to complain.....

I hope I'm not passing on here-say!

Paul

Advantage charged me exactly what they said they would, $71.16 for two days, Friday to Sunday.

Still, with the room cost and museum cost, an expensive flyin compared to the old days at LRU.