TrueAirSpeed

Well Known Member
Canopy cut, clecoed to the frame along with the skirts and I notice at least 1" gaps near the bottom, on each side, at the rear of the canopy next to the fuselage. Does this mean I'll have to bend the frame? :(

TAS
Terry
RV-7, finish kit, engine ordered

Terry,

Is the canopy frame reasonably parallel to the fuselage sides? If so, you might be able to solve the problem by slightly bending the skirts.Worked for me, although my gap was more like 1/4" to 3/8", instead of a full inch.

Mark

If you bend the frame at this point, you'll have to re-drill the canopy. Plexi doesn't take well to stretching and bending.

The key with the slider is to get the frame to fit *perfectly* before you even bother with the bubble.

Terry:
Don't remember what the gap was on mine either but I remember being much dissapointed upon the first fit :confused: . Take the skirt and pull it accross your thigh at a 45 degree angle while applying down pressure with the heel of your hand. Gives the skirt a heck of a curl, but once clecoed back on makes it suck up nicely to the fuse :) . If I rememer correcty it took 3-4 times concentrating on the areas that needed it most(bottom-aft), but it is Perfect now :cool: . If all else fails check out the threads on the guys that are building the fiberglass ones :eek:

doug
90625 :
N625DK

first flight this summer sometime I hope! :