TTU_RV7

OK, you'll notice I don't post very much as I usually find what I am looking for by using the search function, but I have not been able to find any discussion on the new Control Vision AnyWhere Travel Companion. Has anyone at SnF seen it? If so, what can you tell us?

I used AnyWhere Map years ago when I was renting regularly, but now most rentals have a GPS of some sort so I have stopped using it. What I am wondering is does anyone think this might be a true competitor to the 496? Right now I am planning a 2 display GRT panel with SL30, Garmin 496, and Garmin 327 for my 7A.

http://www.controlvision.com/anywheremap-atc.aspx

Thought??

Last edited:
My concerns

I have communicated with Control Vision via email on the Anywhere Map ATC with weather. specifically to ask about driving an autopilot. They said it drives a AP via a bluetooth connection as it does with weather.

There in lies my concern. my experiences in the past with bluetooth is that it loses connection periodically. I don't know how reliable this system will be in the cockpit so i am taking a wait and see attitude. Otherwise i like the unit...