rwarre

Well Known Member
I have an MGL Voyager installed on my RV7a. I am not getting any airspeed reading at all. It reads zero. I have an analog back-up AI and use that for flying. I have checked the operation of EFIS by blowing air into the pitot tube and it indicates a reading. I have also checked for leaks at different places leading up to the EFIS. (only two connectors) I am using the Safe-Air pitot static set up. Any ideas? Thanks

Could the pitot and static lines be switched? The unit is probably not set up to indicate a negative airspeed (negative pressure differential), so it just says "0".

One guess......

CDE

Has it ever worked?

I have an MGL Voyager installed on my RV7a. I am not getting any airspeed reading at all. It reads zero. I have an analog back-up AI and use that for flying. I have checked the operation of EFIS by blowing air into the pitot tube and it indicates a reading. I have also checked for leaks at different places leading up to the EFIS. (only two connectors) I am using the Safe-Air pitot static set up. Any ideas? Thanks

Has the unit ever worked in the aircraft? I ask because:

After many months of operation, I had the pitot/static board go out on my Odyssey. It would read on the ground and for a minute or two in the air, then just go dead. MGL provided service at no cost to fix it.

It could also possibly be calibration or settings.

Finally, there are in fact four connectors on the Voyager, two for AOA and two for Pitot/Static. Just make sure you have the pitot/static lines on the correct connectors.

YMMV.