brayski98

Well Known Member
I just bought a Halo headset and tried it out for the first time. But the microphone quit working about 5 minutes. I will contact them tomorrow as it was too late yesterday. But has anyone else experienced this?

double check squelch

I had a similar problem and someone on the forum suggested to check the squelch knob. I had inadvertantly turned it too far up. You might double check to see if something similar happened to you also. It sure was an easy fix for me, hope that's your problem, cause I've been impressed with what I've heard about Halo and have plans to buy one. Be sure to post how you fix the problem.

Halo Problems

I too purchased the halo set about 2 years ago and after the second flight had to return it for the same thing. They said it was a poorly soldered connection in the microphone. Seems there big selling point was that the "tubes" eliminated the common problems with ITE headsets. (In The Ear):D After getting them back I had serious feedback in the earphones. I called them and they said it was a problem with my intercom grounding. Weird that I had the same problem in both my planes? Nevertheless I sent them back for a full refund. Purchased the Clarity Aloft PRO headsets and after about six months had a problem with them on the soldered connector on the jack. E-mailed them and still haven't heard a thing from them. Seems to me that the smaller cords just can't take the "abuse" of repeated usage. Or, maybe I am too hard on them. My David Clarks are the best "backup" set I have. Maybe Bose next time:confused:

Halo Problem

I had an early failure on one headset after a few hours use. It was sent back with a quick turnaround indicating a bad solder connection. No other problems.

Tried again

I tried it again today under a controlled environment (not flying). And the mike doesn't work on the intercom or the radio. I contacted Quiet Technologies and they are sending out a new one and asked me to return the one I have. So we'll try again when it gets here and I'll let you know.

Same problem-

I bought a halo, it worked great for about 10 hours- love it!

I was flying to Houston and stopped for fuel short of Houston after 4 hours. I got back in the plane and the mic stopped working and one ear plug. I called QT and they said send it back. Hopefully it will be in the PO BOX by the time I get back for the new year.

Overall- I really liked the Halo. I think I need to make sure I repack it in the case every time I use it however to insure it doesn't get beat up.