hydroguy2

Well Known Member
I bought a used Trio EzPilot autopilot from a fellow VAF (I think Gene used the money for Avgas with Rosie and the other Grand Turk travelers);). I was replacing a Navaid A/P which never worked, turns out I wired it wrong:eek:

Anyway, I sent the EzPilot back to Trio to make certain all was well internally, get a new non-faded faceplate and get a new wing servo mount. Of course I picked Sun & Fun as the best time to send it in. But they hopped right on it and I got it less than a week later. Great service to get anything delivered to Montana in a week.

Birthday present to myself.
IMG_20130423_162618_292_zps321687a2.jpg

Last edited:
well it's nothing like you did. But for this old broke mechanic I'm certainly happy. Kind of excited to get it all working and do some flying this summer....I finally have some weekends off(after working most every weekend for 20+yrs).

Believe you are really going to enjoy it Brian. The EZ Pilot makes X-countries so much more enjoyable.
The Trio gang are first rate IMO. :)

Cheers & happy flying,

I like hand flying, but the Texas trip and OSH can be a little taxing. It'd be nice to arrive a little fresher after 7hrs of flying. I think the O2 system should help with fatigue also, since I'm above 10K a lot.

Sid, Jerry, Chuck, and Paul -- Four of the greatest reasons the best thing I ever did was build an RV. Wouldn't have met them otherwise. Four of the reasons I still go to Oshkosh.

Installed. I thought working through the inspection port would be a pain, but really wasn't too bad. Took maybe an hour counting removal and finding a correct length bolt for the bellcrank pivot.

IMG_20130425_162259_594_zpsbffb86a4.jpg

Still need to finish securing the wiring.

Not certain it applies to your model but look at the Trio web site for the latest service bulletin. You should put a washer on the servo shaft, and a cotter pin thru the hole in that shaft, to be sure that nothing can come totally apart even if the pin in the drive wheel comes out.