I recall reading a thread about trimming the HS attach point uprights but was unable to find it again.The reason I ask is I am looking at picking up a -4 kit about 50% done that has the uprights trimmed at the top.The ED seams to be ok on the attach holes. Is this the trimming they were talking about?

Could you be...

I recall reading a thread about trimming the HS attach point uprights but was unable to find it again.The reason I ask is I am looking at picking up a -4 kit about 50% done that has the uprights trimmed at the top.The ED seams to be ok on the attach holes. Is this the trimming they were talking about?

...thinking of the threads on a possible mistake where builders cut slots in the uprights to fit around the longerons, instead of slotting the longerons to fit the uprights?

I had to trim the top corners on my -6 where they interfered with the empenage fairing. If doing it again I would have trimmed and radiused them to a generous top hole edge distance after doing the fitting of the HS but before final installation. Access for trimming is harder once everything is installed. Mind you I could say that for several areas after the fact:)

Jim Sharkey