ArVeeNiner

Well Known Member
I'm just starting to lay out the gear leg fairing template on the fairing. I'm trying not to get "vandalized" here again so I'm asking before I start cutting.

The drawing and instructions both reference scribe marks that aren't there. I've found another thread that states that the invisible scribe should be about 1/4" down from the end of the fairing. That's all fine and good.

The question is with the training edge. The template ends up about 1/2" short of the trailing edge. The implication is that you trim off this from the fairing. I'm a bit leery about doing this. I'm thinking I should leave it on. What has everybody else done?

gearlegfairing.jpg

Perfect Timing

Kelly,
Your post is perfectly timed for me also. Can't wait to see the answers!

I could not find the trim lines on my -6A leg fairings either. So, lacking any other ideas, I traced the Drawings of the leg fairings onto another sheet of paper (call this the working copy).

I cut out the outline of the gear leg fairing from the working copy and slid it up & down the gear leg fairing center line (leading edge) until the trailing edge of the fiberglass lined up with the paper cut out template. This worked for me.

All fiberglass is completed, aligned, and functional.

Thanks for the tips guys!

Fin, I do have Fairings, Inc intersection fairings. I'm glad I didn't cut the gear leg fairings!

Thanks again.