Brambo

Well Known Member
Trim tab #2 is coming along well, but while lining the trim tab up with the elevator as per the instructions (aligning inboard edge and trailing edge) I noticed that the trim tab horn does not line up with the center of the trim cover plate. It looks like I would have to bend the push rod to make it work. Is this normal?

brambo
rv-7

Brambo said:
Trim tab #2 is coming along well, but while lining the trim tab up with the elevator as per the instructions (aligning inboard edge and trailing edge) I noticed that the trim tab horn does not line up with the center of the trim cover plate. It looks like I would have to bend the push rod to make it work. Is this normal?

brambo
rv-7

How far off are you? Mine was pretty close to centered with about the recommended clearance on the outboard edge. I found it very tought to get the tab straight and ended up enlisting someone's help to hold things while I lined up the trailing edges with a long straight edge. Maybe this is throwing it off.

I'm off about 1/8". The strange thing is that the Electric Trim Assy (bottom view) shows the tab horn offset like mine is, but the Plan View shows everything lined up.