atalla

Well Known Member
Hello guys,

Well i think iv pooched my tab on the first bend! Some advise would be great

also when i look at my control horns, One is a E618EEPP-1 the other is a E617EEPP Did vans mess up and not send me the correct one because they don't mate up at all.

Just trying to get to the bottom of this so if i gotta place an order for parts i do it once.

Notice the edge distance of the hole by the tab bend?

Thoughts?

Sorry, I'm no help.

Just wondering when is someone is finally going to make some tooling and start selling perfect completed trim tabs? At $100 bucks a pop I'm guessing someone could generate a little side money pretty easy! :D:D:D Allan, you're missing out on a product line!

ill be going the ribblet method after this, i just thought id try the vans method first. it is silly

For the parts, in the RV7 kit you should have E-717 and E-718. They are the ones that can be trimmed to either electrical or manual trim.

any thoughts guys?

it looks to me like edge distance on the rear control horn hole is too close to the root of the bend.

Also if someone could post a pic of the horns that would be awesome because i think i have the wrong ones..

Pic

it looks to me like edge distance on the rear control horn hole is too close to the root of the bend.

Also if someone could post a pic of the horns that would be awesome because i think i have the wrong ones..

Not a very good picture.
20130621_103955.jpg

Thanks so much Larry! I'm sure i have the wrong ones now. I'm not sure what happened as i'm the second owner of a kit that is fairly old. (not fully pre punched)

the trim tab was but stiffeners on the HS and elevators are not

My inboard and outboard control horn look nothing like that.

Cheers