bkthomps

Well Known Member
Anyone have the wood they used to bend/fold the trim tab and left elevator? I am having trouble without a bandsaw in creating an accurate block set to do this

050926_003.jpg

that little trim tab is painful

just cut the bendover tabs off and make 2 little ribs to replace them.

also, I would just go buy a Delta, aka cheapo, bandsaw. They are just tooo handy to do without.

heck they only cost $ 100

I'd love to offer advice, but ... it was so long ago that I don't remember anymore how I did it! :D

that little trim tab is painful

just cut the bendover tabs off and make 2 little ribs to replace them.

also, I would just go buy a Delta, aka cheapo, bandsaw. They are just tooo handy to do without.

heck they only cost $ 100

where do you source the $100 bandsaw? I couldn't find any on amazon.com

check lowes

where do you source the $100 bandsaw? I couldn't find any on amazon.com

I bought a cheapo Ryobi bandsaw at Lowes. can't remember the exact price, but I'm sure it was under $150. No problems so far and I use it all the time. Make sure you buy a metal cutting blade...the blade it comes with will chew up your aluminum.

I bought it as a return item at the Home Depot

I don't recall exactly the price, but it wasn't much over $100.

Get a bandsaw...

Yep, You will be very happy to have made a bandsaw purchase in the future. You can get one for $100@ home depot. Check Harbor Freight as well. Frankly, I consider it a "Must Have" tool for building an RV.;) Get a metal blade for $10, I went through 3 of them in the build.
*Tip-Use a wax candle as a lubricate on the blade before use.

bought a bandsaw, still struggling with trimtab, ended up removing the tab on the elevator and now i'm trying to make a rib to put in there