Chappyd

Well Known Member
I have a question about wiring up my trim switch on the joystick. Initially I was planning on working the electric elevator trim via the hat switch only. After thinking about it, and seeing how much movement was in the wires coming out of the stick , I got to thinking that a second trim switch, the rocker that came with the trim system mounted on the panel would be a good back up in case the trim switch in the stick became inop. In trying to wire it up, I kept blowing the fuse. If I take either switch out of the system, the remaining switch works fine. Has anyone wired a redundant switch? Is it worth it, Or am I worrying about this too much?

It needs a slightly different...

I have a question about wiring up my trim switch on the joystick. Initially I was planning on working the electric elevator trim via the hat switch only. After thinking about it, and seeing how much movement was in the wires coming out of the stick , I got to thinking that a second trim switch, the rocker that came with the trim system mounted on the panel would be a good back up in case the trim switch in the stick became inop. In trying to wire it up, I kept blowing the fuse. If I take either switch out of the system, the remaining switch works fine. Has anyone wired a redundant switch? Is it worth it, Or am I worrying about this too much?

...interconnect circuit when you use two switches.

Details here at the manufacturers web site.

http://www.rayallencompany.com/RACmedia/instructions2rs2.pdf