rjsflyer

I'm planning the wiring for the electric trim switches. My plan is to have one in the pilot's stick and another on the panel for anyone flying from the right seat. The trim servo kit comes with one DPDT switch (for the panel) and I will be buying the stick grip with a SPST. Do I need the Ray Allen relay deck to accomplish this? I am also planning on installing the speed control as well. Any input is appreciated.

Just fininshed mine

If you put in a toggle switch to tell which pilot is using the trim then I don't think you need to use relays. I called Ray Allen about this and they said if I wanted either pilot to use the trim without using a switch I would have to put the REL relays in which is what I did. I could be wrong since you are putting a switch on the panel and not in the stick for the Co-pilot.
Don

I have an RV9a with a stick mounted (RayAllen 205 stick) trim switch as well as the panel mounted stock switch for right seat flyers. If you use two switches you will have to either use the relay or a toggle. Since there are many reports of early failure of the relay I would recommend the toggle. I just replaced my relay after 100 hrs. If it fails again I will pull it and install a toggle. Ray Allen web site has wiring diagrams for the relay and for a toggle.

Cheers,

db

I finally finished wiring up the trim switches after a call to Ray Allen about how to wire up their G205 stick grip in combination with the RS2 rocker switch for right seater. I did have to use the relay deck and also had to use a diode on each of the two white wires coming out of the rocker switch. I also opted for the servo speed control. Wiring it up was a bit confusing because of the combination of switches. I actually had to use sections of two different wiring diagrams to complete the wiring. I bench tested everything with the trim motor and all works as planned.

Check out the Matronics Governor

I will have the same set up that you are planning and purchased the Matronics Governor http://www.matronics.com/governor/index.htm

I believe this is the same as Vans part number ES MK-111, Combination speed controller and relay deck.

Very small & light and allows for a variety of wiring options. Check the brochure on the website.

I used the Matronics governors for the -6A. They are very small, light, and have been working flawlessly for 7 years and over 760 hours. I would recommend them highly.