TX7A

Well Known Member
Are there any issues running the (Ray Allen) elevator trim servo wires parallel with the strobe wire to the back of the fuse?

I know that TruTrack says not to run their A/P servo wires parallel to "poorly-shielded" antenna and strobe wires. I'm not sure what constitutes "poorly-shielded". I'll be using the strobe wire supplied in the system 6 package.

Thanks for any info on this.

Don't do it

Keep the strobe (high voltage pulsing signals) separate from everything else. Shielding or not, running any other signal in close proximity, bundling them up etc, for any distance is asking for trouble.

John

...should'a known

Thanks, John. I guess I just needed a confirmation.

I figured keeping the wires apart would be the right thing to do.
I just need to figure out the best way to run the 5-wire servo cable to the rear end without running another conduit.

I've had a couple of credible, experienced builders tell me that the strobe wire needs to be separated from only very low signal lines like wingtip antennas. Bundling a properly shielded strobe line with 12V power wires to various accessories shouldn't be a problem.

Sam - on a -9a I built, I had a line to the tail strobe tube and the Ray Allan 5-part trim wire travelling in the same bundle. The strobe power also for a lesser distance. Everything functioned correctly but the indicator bars on the trim position display pulsed slightly.

With this build I am putting strobe power on one side of the fuse and the trim on the other. They do meet briefly at the tail, but I dont expect a problem.