vinodwahi

Hi guys

kind of facing an issue. I?d like to connect my trim servo (RV9a, from RayAllen) to my connecting cable running through the fuselage but I have a headache connecting these two wire bundles.
It?s just that I think the wires from the servo are too tiny to crimp.
What do you suggest? Soldering?
How did you manage that one?

Cheers
Sunit

You can strip extra wire and fold it over on itself to fill the extra space.

Soldering wires that small may lead to them breaking off the terminal later due to vibration.

People have been telling those guys for years that their wires are too small!

Dsub connectors

Dsub connectors might work ok. You can use the male and female pins in a length of heat shrink. Or a 9 pin connector.
Another option is from the rc world a multiplex 6 pin connector. If you solder and use heat shrink to help support the wires.

Peter

Last edited:
I was kind of frustrated with these itty bitty wires, too, and ended up doubling them over to crimp in a machined-barrel D-sub pin or socket, but jus the other day, I thought I saw standard-density D-sub connectors (pins and sockets) that were sized for smaller wires?

Not sure, but something like this:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...=8kQOJWzNFqtUEYwEdXRi5AAGe2NhIsVWnXbMIlBYT3s=

Maybe? It says 24-28 AWG wire?

I'm way past needing something like this, but curiousity got the better of me when I was surfing the net :) I might be totally confused, though, and there's only one size of D-sub connectors, I dunno...