petehowell

Well Known Member
Is anyone currently running a Trig TT22 transponder and feeding it position from a Garmin 296/396/496?(I know this is not legal for 2020)

If so, please send me a PM or email - I'd like to discuss some setup details with you.

Thanks!!

Did anyone figure this out? I am trying to wire a trig TT22 and the trig com radio to the 496...

Thanks.

Jason

I have it working.....

Garmin 396 running TIS in/NMEA and VHF out at 9600 baud. Similar setup on the TT22.

Up until this week it provided an ADSB traffic "hockey puck" to me, but alas the free ride is over......thanks for the safety upgrade Mr. Fed (I kid.....)

The good news is we still have TIS-A in Minne, Des Moines, Madison, and Chicago where I do most of my flying and this is displayed nicely on the 396. Same old rules apply, watch for the ultralight and no-electron Cub.....

I'll become a "Performing Emitter" sometime here in the future, it was a nice while it lasted!

Send me a PM if you have questions.

Upon further review......

I am a bit confused about the traffic I am seeing with my GDL39/Garmin Pilot combo today.

G Pilot is telling me I am only getting air to air traffic, but it seems to be showing me TIS-B traffic with no traffic link to a ground station.

Am I missing something? No ID, and it says UAT:TIS-B. I may be in someone's puck, but I would have thought it would have told be that TIS was available. Traffic matched the Mode S TIS-A I was seeing, plane for plane all day.

Don't get me wrong, Traffic is good to have in the Minne Bravo, this just seemed hard to understand. Might just be the standard state of flux that is ADS-B..........

Range Rings are 6 and 12 NM. Marshmallow on a Nexus 7

247wkWQm8zNMu06jmLSnVZKL6oYxy4Y3L6oytEAidW5E3JMPrl0krxfAFRqdpkixYI-PDsa57zBZkm4aVP_Es3aNUOVtUaQo1SEAy7fLcMW1lmHLvKCfL4i1lWCG0CTbr6uPpV4BXrACe95aPirYRjVeUHIpH12RLydSnphX0s0c10qlPT9zydGKmLQWRucdavMJrPtrC4Ggs_O5d_iru42TWexn8-_FpdtIaArEuDjwPJjhXpFg-egEPedxdz5a_eFdxcWXpbXZIJEWgs1S4_DWT81ct_kaODRJIKIE7MReoaSJy94rHF-ZvZNU-XY4w6yzoGABq0-JFKdBumACOrDgWdMm6-zXXlIUKz7GToAnoB6x-s5wCmH-AHxX8vQmPheiBFkgVOUObNPayYkcyQCjoqN5RgdftHtF4i8r69sjHQgwCnVuT1AeySXc_b5tDgT863Kp9fRLjR0j60zJINFjrJ7LNdLrC0rh4iqsiWSM5vMtdkLGbjJXqmt10a1wJeG9nxH7IkzRJl-xmSBDLJln9PvO-7rg1glCZQhnoTXj5Ci2nJYSUO7K9gIegRdo83xFTA=w530-h846-no