I recommend the TT22, the 21 is a lower power unit and does not comply with the 2020 ADS-B mandate (I don't sell the 21 for this reason).

I'm also a Trig dealer and can fix you up with one if you like.

Last edited:
Trig Transponder

Steve,
I put one in a Highlander, just finished the 40 hours and it's worked perfectly since day one.

Mine was purchased from Grand Rapids Technology. I've got their SportSX, it was easier getting the Trig Radio and Transponder from them. They also hooked me up with The Sky Radar ADSB "in" unit.

Gary

I have to agree with Walt. If I had it to do over, I would go with the TT22.

Although I'm not sure about what will comply with the 2020 rules. I don't have a lot of faith in what or when the FAA will do anything.

I'm running the TT22. It's one of few avionics items which had no issues at all with installation, testing, or operation. As previously mentioned here, it's also as future-proof as you can get in a transponder. The remote-mount is very nice, but it also can interface with a bunch of other things (e.g., GRT EFIS etc).

Mike/dutchroll,
Where did you get yours?
The aircraft my TT22 is in wasn't constructed by me so I'd have to check, but I think most of the avionics gear came through either Spruce or Stein. I do know it had no install issues though, and it has sailed through 2 rounds of mandatory compliance testing and 12 months of operation with no problems at all.

Last edited: