McFly

Well Known Member
Several months ago when I was constructing my plenum, I dropped a big screw between the cylinders and it was swallowed up by the inner cylinder baffles. It was gone without a trace. I made a mental note that I would have to fish for it at some point.

Last night when I was wiring the bottom baffle pieces that curve along the cylinders, I decided to go fishing. I expected the screw to be a pain to get and it did not disappoint. What I did not expect was the other hardware that I fished out, which was a nyloc nut and a big ole honking #12 adel clamp! :eek: Holy smoke, how and when did that happen? I still have the other side to fish so I may find even more stuff.

It is now MHO that it is not enough to just sight between the cylinders for a foreign object check. Objects that fall in get wedged between the inner baffle and cylinder and they lodge completely out of site. FWIW: I used a wooden dowel to sweep the baffle floor, magnets, and hooks made from safety wire to do my foreign object check.