axlr8r

Well Known Member
Made the brackets for two trays to mount to the inst. panel today.
While the ICOM A210 was not installed in the stack, I was able to move the tray lock to install and remove the radio from its rack.
However, when I placed the tsp and radio in their respective racks I discovered that I had to remove the front cover of the ICOM to get to the tray lock.
It seems that the hex head is stripped. Is there an easy solution to replacing it?? Hope I don't have to send it to the factory.
Thanks
Steve

Not sure I understand Steve - you ALWAYS have to remove the front panel of the A210 to install the radio (then you can install the front panel). What am I missing about your problem?

Paul

Called factory

and they are sending me a new screw for the tray lock (catch) mechanism. Once I discovered that I had to remove the front panel to access the lock, I discovered that the head of the screw is stripped (hex head) and I could not lock or unlock the radio into the tray after it was installed in the panel.
Because of possible warranty issues I was reluctant to remove the top of the radio to fully expose the catch mech. assembly. But, with a little help from the factory tech, I was able to loosen the screw w/ a pliers. Actually a pretty easy fix and good service from the factory.
Thanks
Steve