gblwy

Well Known Member
Hi Guys,
I'm planning to put together a small kit of "essentials" for longer trips (say a week or two).

I'd appreciate thoughts on what you consider to be essential - tools, fastenings, consumables, whatever... Obviously, any item eats into the 50 lbs baggage which means my wife's travelling wardrobe gets severely impacted ;-)

Cheers...Keith

Apologies

Apologies for tree-hugging, I just searched the RV-12 forum. Happy to browse elsewhere, but also interested in any RV-12-specific requirements. I have found that a long AN3 bolt is very useful for aligning the oil cooler when reinstalling the lower cowling...

Cheers...Keith

Also, consider any tools you might need.

When I take my Cessna 180 into the back country I carry a jack along with the jack pad and spare inner tubes for main and tailwheel. It adds up in weight.

For me, the brakes are a go-no go item, so I have a small bottle of hydraulic fluid along with brake pads and rivets. Things like that. Once I used the spare spark plug and another time I used the spare ignition lead. Good thing I had the tools too.

So assess your own airplane and the flying you intend to do. If there's always an FBO then you only need RV-12 specific parts, and only a few of them.