avi8tor50

Well Known Member
Hi all-
Need to move my QB 9A from NC to Kentucky. Fuselage, wings, empennage are done but not connected. I know about Tony Partain (He delivered by QB). I was thinking about getting a 26' U-Haul. My fuselage and wings are both on cradles. I am ready and could put gear on if that would be easier.
Wondering if anyone has had to move a QB and if so how they did it.
Thanks for any help.

Peter K
9A QB

Tony would be best, but if you need to do it yourself, the 26 ft van should be fine. Get about 30 or 40 of the shipping blankets when you rent the van, and have enough rope to tie things up. Wrap and secure everything up in the van. We brought our QB back to WI from Van's that way. Van's folks did a superior job packing everything up for the trip.

Roberta

I've transported several RVs cross country in a 24' box truck with room to spare. Some had been wrecked and some were just being moved. Foam mattress pads from Wal-Mart work great. They not only pad the parts, they keep them from sliding around.

Last edited:
We moved a 9A QB fuse, assembled wings, tail and more

Hi all-
Need to move my QB 9A from NC to Kentucky. Fuselage, wings, empennage are done but not connected. I know about Tony Partain (He delivered by QB). I was thinking about getting a 26' U-Haul. My fuselage and wings are both on cradles. I am ready and could put gear on if that would be easier.
Wondering if anyone has had to move a QB and if so how they did it.
Thanks for any help.

Peter K
9A QB

Yup. We moved a 9A QB fuse, assembled wings, assembled tail and more from Chattanooga to Tucson using a flat bed trailer which we enclosed with steel and OSB. For pics and details, click on

www.arizonaairparks.com/rv-trailer

Note that we anchored the fuse to the trailer bed at the spar but left the tail to float on thick padding held in place with rope. In other words, we did not want the fuse to flex. Rather, it moved with the trailer.

Email me if you want more details.

barry @ arizonaairparks.com

crate photos

dade058grumwidgeoncrateif0.jpg

dade010fourcessnaaconpajw5.jpg

dade032grummanwingsbeinfv2.jpg

if this link works-- scroll down for some excellent box and crate photos.

http://warbirdinformationexchange.o...hp?t=13327&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=315

Last edited: