jlisler

Well Known Member
My insurance company required me to get 5 hours of dual in an RV before they would cover me in my RV-4. I recently traveled to Louisville, Georgia (2J3) and performed this training with fellow forum member, Pierre Smith. I must say this training was very beneficial and was a real eye opener. As a Cessna C-140A driver, I was not use to having to deal with the speeds that an RV can realize and I was really surprised at the amout of right rudder that is needed on take-off (O-360 with a three blade Catto). I highly recommend you get some hours in an RV whether your insurance company requires it or not. You cannot go wrong.

Now a shameless plug for Pierre. I have never met anyone who is more passionate about the RV series of airplanes the he is. His style of training is tailored to fit your needs and your abilities and is very non intimidating. I could not ask for for anyone to be any more hospitable or accommodating than Pierre. If you are looking for someone that is excited about teaching you about an RV, you cannot go wrong.

Jerry Isler
Donalsonville, GA
RV-4 N455J (inspected 3-10-07. First flight very soon!)
Cessna C140A N9641A

Jerry,

What does Pierre train in. I'm doing an -8 but all my time is in Luscombes, so I'm in the same boat you are. Everyone that I've seen who does RV training seems to be doing it in 6's or 7's. I'd like to find an instructor who trains in a tandem RV.

Bill Settle
Winston-Salem, NC
-8 Wings