pierre smith

Well Known Member
From the EAA Hotline this morning:

End of an Era: Exemption 7162 Expires
November 1, 2007 ?Midnight on October 31, 2007, signaled the end of an era as EAA?s exemption No. 7162 officially expired. That exemption allowed owners of experimental aircraft to be compensated for renting their aircraft to others who sought experimental aircraft-specific flight training and flight reviews. Its goal was to reduce the number of fatal experimental aircraft accidents, especially during the initial test flight period of an amateur-built aircraft and during the initial 10 flight hours after buying an experimental aircraft. By that measure, Exemption 7162 was an unqualified success as it contributed to a dramatic reduction in fatal experimental aircraft accidents - from 340 in fiscal year 2000 to 49 in fiscal year 2006.

On a personal note, I'm contacting my FSDO this morning to be able to continue this training. The numbers above speak for themselves but you see now how a bunch of demo$$$$$ think.

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
I Agree

My transition training with Pierre was the best money I spent on ensuring I had a successful first flight. You can spend lots of time and money on safety (double and triple checking everything) for the plane and reading about emergency procedures but it is nothing like flying the same model plane with an instructor that takes you through the basics as well as the emergency procedures.

well lets hope you dont take too long

i need to come see you shortly(months) for such said training and ditto on what the tax me to death folks think.:mad::rolleyes:wow, lots more on that but dont want to get censored for speaking the truth. maybe if i reduce my income they will not only allow it but pay for it.:rolleyes:
oh and i almost forgot, no good deed goes unpunished.

On a personal note, I'm contacting my FSDO this morning to be able to continue this training. The numbers above speak for themselves but you see now how a bunch of demo$$$$$ think.

Regards,
Pierre Smith

Pierre, Hope there are no problems in getting OK'd. I will be looking for 10 hours or so in January. Getting my -7A ready for paint now. Looking for first flight in February or March.

Steve Eberhart - RV-7A, O-360-A1A, Catto 3 blade

Dummies

I spoke with a guy at the Atlanta FSDO and I had to tell him what the number of the letter that authorized me to deviate from the FARs was! They now have the ball in their hands and have what's called a "Letter of Deviation" which allows us to deviate from part 91.219 or whatever it is that prohibits us from getting paid while using an experimental airplane. They'll ..."be back in touch next week".

We'll see,