avi8tor50

Well Known Member
Hi all-

I can't believe it! I am almost done! I think I have drillled, deburred, and dimpled, cleaned, and primed by last major piece! Getting ready to arrange my airworthiness certification. Soooo......
Been thinking about some transition training. I have several hrs in an RV6A in the RIGHT seat. Looking for someone qualified to provide training for a 9A.
It would be nice if that person lived somewhere near Kentucky (like at least on this side of the Mississippi!). Obviously I will do what is necessary and go where I need to go to remain safe.
I have over 1000 hrs, instrument rated, and a lot of experience in 182 RG so I am "high performance" qualified.
If anyone knows someone I could contact pleast let me know.

Thanks everyone!

Peter K
9A

Peter:
Looking for training in your own 9A? I have a 9A also but do not have the FAA waiver necessary to utilize it for training. I can look into this with the Detroit FSDO, but if you're looking for initial flight and training in your own, problem solved. I've been flying N323TP since February, '04. Flew a CT210 for about 20 years prior. You're going to love the 9A! You can contact me at 248-417-8585.
Terry, CFI
RV9A, N323TP

Peter,

Contact Vern Darley out of Atlanta.

Vern said:
Vern Darley
RV-6A N680V / RV-10QB
Falcon RV Squadron
KFFC Hanger D-30
Peachtree City, GA
www.falconrv.com
770 310-7169
EAA Technical Counselor #5142
EAA Flight Advisor #486336
ATP/CFI/A&P/DAR

He has access to a -9A or you can do the transition training in a -6A. I did my initial three hours for the insurance company in a -6, so it really doesn't matter which side-by-side RV you train in, they all handle very similar.

Congrats on getting to the end of the tunnel! Give me a call when you get a chance.

Steven Flattum

You may contact him. His callsign here on VAF forum is RVCFI. Reasonably priced and he will come to you when you want.

I'm pretty close...

....to you, in Louisville, Ga (2J3). Going from a 6A to a -9A is easy.....I've done a dozen or so students. Going the other way is tricky.

Regards,

I went 7 to 9A with 2 hours in the 7. I felt totally comfortable (as comfortable as I believe anyone can really be) on the first flight. I have about the same hours as you. The guy who did mine is located in Columbus, IN. If you are interested let me know and I will pass on the contact info. BTW, make sure you show up at the big fly in at I39 (Richmond, KY south of Lexington) on Feb 21st.

Bob Kelly