Phil

Well Known Member
Does anyone know the fuel flow transducer types that are used in the following systems?

GRT
AFS
Garmin G3X
Garmin G900X

I am placing the fuel system components inside the tunnel now and would like to go ahead and place it while I gave easy access.

Thanks,
Phil

Last edited:
G3X supports either the Floscan 201B-6 or the EI FT-60. I believe the EI sensor is included if you buy the whole sensor kit instead of going ala-carte.

mcb

GRT was using Floscan 201B and now have changed to EI FT-60 (Red cube). I had the Floscan and it was pretty accurate (in the tunnel) within 1 Gallon for every 30 gallon of burn but it was weeping fuel out of the plastic part that the wires go in it. So, I changed it to the Red cube and was very disappointed that Floscan was not willing to replace it even though it was obvious that it was faulty. I have the red cube now and have installed it in the same location. It seems every more accurate .2 Gallon off for every 25 gallon, and it seems to be built better.

Check with your planned EMS vendor(s) first

Phil,

I am pretty sure that GRT includes a software key in their price for the fuel flow sensor so therefore it appears to cost more than juse the sensor itself on the open market. If you buy the sensor from someone other than GRT (or their authorized dealers) then I believe you would also have to pay a software fee to turn on that feature in the EMS. It's been a couple of years since I went through this so it may have changed.

Andy