Bruce Eddy

I have a Micoair Transceiver (M760) it is the "P" version. This version has a built in intercom.

My question is this. I have seen several panels that are using these small transceivers (microair, MGL, Funke, etc.) and in several cases I have noticed that they are also using a stand alone separate intercom. I am wondering why they are not just using the built in intercom? Pros and Cons?

Bruce

Cant answer for other folks, but I do know a buddy who installed an intercom specifically for the aux inputs it offered.

By the way, in case I missed you earlier, Welcome to VAF:D

There is no reason not to. I flew for several years using the GX-60 intercom function. It worked just fine. When you add other stuff this becomes limiting, like a second radio, nav receiver, audio input from the EFIS, music inputs and such. You can do some of this with switches, but then you start going toward a Rube Goldberg design.

A nice compromise is the very inexpensive Dynon audio panel.

Carl

Thank you for the input guys. I will do some more research on this. I will be using GRT sport EFIS so I can see using the input for that and music.

Thanks again.

Bruce

PM3000A

Thank you for the input guys. I will do some more research on this. I will be using GRT sport EFIS so I can see using the input for that and music.

Thanks again.

Bruce
Hi Bruce, just like to make note that the PM3000A is our stereo intercom that has two unswitched/unmuted inputs.