rwarre

Well Known Member
Want to make sure I order the correct tow bar for my 7A. I have read that the Cessna deluxe works well. Is there any other specific catalog number or description for this tow bar? Thanks

RV7a
Finishing
Waiting for DAR inspection

I use the Wag Aero towbar. It's inexpensive (~$45), light and works well. However, as time goes by, I'm learning that my 7A can be moved backwards without a tow bar, it takes a little practice but it's doable.

I use the Wag Aero towbar. It's inexpensive (~$45), light and works well. However, as time goes by, I'm learning that my 7A can be moved backwards without a tow bar, it takes a little practice but it's doable.

I second the Wag Aero. Cheap and works great.

I also have the bogibar.
seems ok, light, does the job. I put a couple wraps of electrical tape on the tubes that go thru the pant, so I could see when they were bottomed. saves a few scratches on the pant.
I wish bogi used square tube for the main shaft, as I'm always hunting for the little hole to pin in place, what with shaft free to rotate.
I also plan to add a small chunk of angle to the 'Y' on each side, and the bar will work as a nosewheel chock, say, at the pumps ( no park brake installed).
I suggest a bright yellow and black stripe vinyl or paint job though! Red just disappears in the grass at dusk. :)

tow bar

careful about leaving the tow bar on or around the prop when out of the hangar--it can be forgotten!!! my rule is that tow bar is always off when plane is out of hangar. small rubber, wood or al. chocks work well and won't cause problem if forgotten. lbb

Good advice! Someone at our airport left the tow bar on a C-172 at start up. Prop caught the bar, throwing it completely thru a steel hanger door. It impacted and dented the back wall of the hanger. The "slot" torn in the door was about 3.5 ft long, ragged. See this all the time as our Lance is in the hanger. Thank God no one was in the way.

My brother left the tow bar attached to the 172. I noticed it while he was heading up the street (private airport) to the runway, I grabbed the nearest vehicle, we leave the key in everything, and beat him to the taxi way and got him stopped. The tow bar stayed down and never got into the prop. He was very lucky.

Marshall Alexander