Hahaha, that is a riot!

Yes, totally WAAAAY OT!

Incredible abount of work with the relays and timers! This guy MUSTA started in July in order to get it all right!

:D CJ

I have tickets for this Sunday to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra at The Pond in Anaheim, CA. They have tour dates scheduled nationally through the end of December. I highly recommend you take a break from airplane building (or flying) and take your significant other to see this great show ;) Rosie

Captain_John said:
Hahaha, that is a riot!

Yes, totally WAAAAY OT!

Incredible abount of work with the relays and timers! This guy MUSTA started in July in order to get it all right!

:D CJ
My wife showed me this last night and my first thought was, "God, I'd love to have the time to do stuff like this." But I don't believe this was a real-time display. I think the genius of it was choreographing what combination of lights were needed and then taking the required number of pictures. Then I think they used Flash or Final Cut or something and reused the images at the proper point.

For example, they only needed to take the picture of the single light i the middle of the house upstairs (at the point where it goes to the right and indicates movement) once.

As good as anything --almost -- that JibJab did. Must be great to have a job that allows that kind of creativity.,

Bob Collins said:
My wife showed me this last night and my first thought was, "God, I'd love to have the time to do stuff like this." But I don't believe this was a real-time display. I think the genius of it was choreographing what combination of lights were needed and then taking the required number of pictures. Then I think they used Flash or Final Cut or something and reused the images at the proper point.

For example, they only needed to take the picture of the single light i the middle of the house upstairs (at the point where it goes to the right and indicates movement) once.

As good as anything --almost -- that JibJab did. Must be great to have a job that allows that kind of creativity.,

My guess is that this is a pro lighting guy with the right equipment. Lighting controls these days are way advanced and would make pulling something like this off pretty simple. You can test run the whole thing on your computer, synch up to the music, and have everything tested and ready to go before you ever plug in a lightbulb.

Glad I don't live next door

A friend of mine said he broadcasts the music over FM radio. You pull up in front of the house and tune your radio to hear the music.

I believe the lights are controlled by a PLC. Same thing that is used to control automated equipment. Conveyors, robots and such.

Still pretty cool

Christmas Display

We had a guy in Scottsdale AZ that put up an amazing Christmas display. He had it all computerized with snow machines and everything. Everyone loved it EXCEPT, one neighbor. They did not succeed in shutting it down.

Earlier he had a very elaborate Holloween display that was apparently quite loud. He was cited by police and convicted of disorderly conduct.

Regarding the Christmas display, he said any computer nerd could do the same thing. He said it was all "off the shelf" stuff. He has been collecting lights for 15 years to get the massive display.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler AZ

Last winter I saw a similar setup in Queens, NY. It was on the same block as one of my friends, and he was a professional "light guy" for large touring bands. Turns out it takes a LOT of talent, and a couple hundred grand of borrowed equipment. With the new light boards, computerized controllers, etc.. these guys can do this and more. Same thing as others have said like the laser light shows to music, etc...

Not a fake, just some really talented folks with more technohow than I have!

BTW, Mannheim Steamroller or Trans Siberian Orchestra are well worth seeing IMO.

Cheers,
Stein.

Stein, they're in Mpls on the 27th. Of course their schedule says they're also in Boston on the same date.

(here comes the required content) maybe they tour in RVs.