dan

Well Known Member
A few pictures worth 1000 words...today was cruising along at 15,500' MSL between 200 and 210 knots over the ground:

20051226_15500.jpg

I was getting about 35 miles per gallon...way better than my Honda at nearly triple the speed:

20051226_35mpg.jpg

And then of course there was the descent into the LA area...groundspeed was, well...acceptable:

20051226_252_knots.jpg

These RVs are OK airplanes.

)_( Dan
RV-7 N714D (749 hours)
http://www.rvproject.com

Dynon voltages

Great report, Dan!

Quick question about the voltages on the Dynon.

dynon9lm.gif

It shows:

M: 12.7V
E: 0.0V
I: 16.3V

Are these right? Seems both a bit high and a bit low!

Voltage on the Dynon

Yeah, that's normal for my setup. The D10 is on my e-bus. My main bus voltage is normally 14.1 to 14.4 according to my AF-2500 monitor, and that's the voltage reading that I trust, confirmed with a digital voltmeter.

The e-bus voltage is usually about 0.7 volts lower than the main bus by virtue of the voltage drop across the diode. And the D-10 has always read on the low side by at least one volt. It's a quirk of the D10 that I'm aware of and live with -- to me, what's important with voltage readings are relative changes.

I have heard from various other D10 and D10A drivers that the voltages they display are almost always off in one direction or another. I don't know why this is. To me it's not critical and I haven't bugged Dynon about it. I'm sure somebody will.

)_( Dan
RV-7 N714D
http://www.rvproject.com

Last edited:
dan said:
A few pictures worth 1000 words...today was cruising along at 15,500' MSL between 200 and 210 knots over the ground:

20051226_15500.jpg

Dan, why is your heading on the Dynon off by 7 degrees? Is that noise error or is that heading as compared to true heading that the GPS is measuring and the TruTrak ADI from ground track?

Dynon reads the direction the airplane is POINTED. GPS reads the direction the airplane is TRAVELING.
Mel...DAR

Priceless. LOL

dan said:
I was getting about 35 miles per gallon...way better than my Honda at nearly triple the speed:

groundspeed was, well...acceptable:

These RVs are OK airplanes.

)_( Dan