miyu1975

Well Known Member
Anyone know what happened to tosten grips? The owner had a great new grip I saw last year at Oshkosh and now I cannot find his website anymore.

Would anyone happen to have a pdf of an isometric drawing of the Tosten CH8? My placards have faded and I want to do something a little more dressy for placarding the grip buttons. I sent them an email request but I thought I would cover as many bases as possible.

Looking for a drawing if one exists if the tosten CS-8 grip to use on my panel to label the buttons.

Last edited:
The owner of Tosten, Kevin W, help me by my RV-10 last year, which was owned by a friend of his, Charles Hayes.

Kevin is a first-rate guy. I have 'the other' grips, because that is what came with the plane, but Kevin's grips are top notch and have a lot of advantages over 'the other' brand.

Tosten - Great company with quality grips

I bought two military style grips last summer from Kevin. Unfortunately I didn't realize at the time of order that my flap controller was not "ground" to activate (required a three wire setup) and my "com swap" on the copilot's grip required a two wire setup to activate.

Kevin was really good to work with and when I sent the grips back in January for rewiring he completely rewired both grips even replacing wire which I had cut off when I originally installed the grips so I could easily redo my molex plug connections. He also replace my pilot's grip flap switch which I needed to be "momentary - off - momentary" instead of "momentary - Off - ON" (which is how I originally ordered it).

The cost for this total rewiring and switch replacement- $20/per grip plus postage! Now that's what I call customer support! A truly great little company.

P.S: Now that I've flown for a while with a flap switch on the pilot's grip I would recommend not putting one there. It's too easy to accidentally touch it and extend flaps in cruise flight. Thankfully it's something you notice pretty quickly as long as the turbulence isn't too great. But if turbulence is bouncing you around it's also something easy to miss. Just seriously think about what you want on your grips and what potential problems having a switch there might cause.

P.P.S: These grips were longer than my previous grips and I had to cut my sticks on both sides about 5 inches. But it's really nice to have a grip that I can position the way I want to. Their "feel" is superb.