RV7Guy

Well Known Member
RV builder Glenn Brasch (to be known as "Hot Line") decided to fly to the Garden Spot of Nogales AZ for lunch. Glenn is based out of Tucson Ryan field and I'm based out of Stellar Airpark in Chandler AZ. Glenn is currently flying a great looking Piper Tri-Pacer.

Glenn was about 15 mile out and I was about 30. I heard him check in and I monitored the frequency. I thought I might have a chance to catch him. At 5 miles he checked in that he would be doing a mid field crossover to enter the downwind. I didn't catch him but he was still taxiing when I landed.

Glenn had fellow RV9 builder, Roger Evenson with him. We had a nice visit and a gourmet meal. We decided to get some air to air photos on the way home.

Glenn took off first and I followed. I slowed to 75kts to not out run him. A little flap and we were paced. I asked Glenn if that was all he had. He said he was at full throttle. I got some nice shots.

I kid Glenn about the plane but it is great looking inside and out. I'd love to get some time in it.

img1988ok6.jpg
img1999xb2.jpg

It's probably actually a posistion and installation error on the pitot installation, see also "Calibrated Airspeed" vs. "Indicated Airspeed" :D

Is that a stock nosewheel Glenn? It's been decades since I flew a Tri-Pacer, but it sure looks bigger than what I remember!! Maybe it's for jumpin' cactus....

Paul

No, you are both wrong--------he used the wrong primer, and now his paint surface is messing up the boundary layer airflow at speeds of 100kts +.

Mike

Ironflight said:
Is that a stock nosewheel Glenn? It's been decades since I flew a Tri-Pacer, but it sure looks bigger than what I remember!! Maybe it's for jumpin' cactus....

Paul
Hey Paul, it is stock, but it does look funny in flight hanging all the way down extended, doesn't it? Guess that is one reason why they call it a "flying milkstool"!

Great looking pair!

Glenn:

Great looking TP. How about a couple of interior shots. SW Pipers are fun to fly. What was that other plane, a RV-?

That is Darwin's RV-7... Yeah, I've flown Tri-Pacers... and that is all stock, kinda of a goofy looking bird, I like the Pacer better ;)

10-9?

sprucemoose said:
At least you got one good looking airplane in the picture!

This from a guy who has a "recycle aluminum" bumper sticker on his plane!!!!! :eek:

Hard Knox said:
Glenn:

Great looking TP. How about a couple of interior shots. SW Pipers are fun to fly. What was that other plane, a RV-?

I would if I knew how to post a picture, I tried Dougs link on his instruction page but it is "not found". Thanks for the compliment Robby.

They may be a little homely looking, but the TriPacer is one tough bird!

I had mine set up on 8.50 mains. After a forced landing in an extremely rough field, both myself and the airplane came out with nary a scratch. I've got a feeling if I'd tried to land my RV in the same field we'd have both been torn up pretty badly. Not fast and not sexy, but still a good all aruond airplane.