CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
I am installing the AFS CHT sensors which are the bayonet style. They have a threaded nut to attach to the cylinder head and a pre-attached lead. The problem is, how do I torque these into place? I can't use a crow's foot as its almost flush with the cylinder exterior and the lead prevents the use of a socket. So I'm thinking I need some kind of open barrel socket.

1) Use a line wrench.
2) Use a crows foot, or
3) Do what I do and just use an open end at an angle with maybe another tool for leverage on the wrench.

Put a smear of nickel anti-seize on the threads first.

4) Grind flats on a deep well socket, run the wires out the square hole and apply crescent wrench to flats.

Ah, I was thinking perhaps something like this existed for nuts (this is for coax connectors)

35-046_lg.jpg

I don't see why you're overcomplicating this. All it takes an open end wrench at an angle to snug them up.

I'll try to get a picture, but the nut is practically at or below the exterior of the cylinder's surface, so there's no room to get a crow's foot on there and torque per the manufacturer's recommendation. I'm not sure a wrench would fit perpendicular either.

I've done it oh, about a hundred times. Forget the torque specifications, it just needs to be snug. You just screw it in, angle a wrench in there, snug it down, done move onto the next one.