CDBridgesRV7A

Good Day Folks,

I'm looking at purchasing a torque wrench. What torque range should I be looking at? What is the max torqued bolt on the RV's? I just torqued 4 bolts on my HS and those were 20-25 in/lbs. Will there be higher torqued bolts later on in the build?

Thanks

Chris

Depending on what propeller you use, or if you plan on torquing bolts on or in your engine, you may need a wrench capable of torquing bolts in the 45-60 ft-lb range. It isn't something you'd need until you get around to installing your engine/propeller, but it's always good to keep a lookout for a good deal ;)

Beam wrench

I like the beam style wrench. Don't need to ever be calibrated, are less expensive, and you can monitor how much torque it takes to turn the nut on the bolt and add that to the final torque value. I have the Park Tool wrench. Got it on Amazon for $35. They make a 0-60 inch lb and a 0-600 (I think) model.

You may need 2 torque wrenches

I've got a 1/4" drive wrench for AN3, 4, and 5 size fasteners. I also have a 3/8" drive for the spark plugs - 35 ft-lbs or 420 in-lbs

Steve's got it right

The 1/4' drive in inch pounds (about 20 - 150) will get you through most of the build. Later on, you'll want the 3/8" drive in Ft/LBS.

I would check out Harbor Freight. I bought both a 1/4" and 3/8" for approx $40. Both check good by the tool calibration lab at work.