The fairing is shown all flattened out on the drawing. The fairing shares 2 of the screws that hold on the fuel tank to the spar. Start by putting those screws through the fairing and work your way around the leading edge.

IMG_0104-M.jpg

Get it all lined up and bent around the leading edge, then open up the holes to #19 for the screws.

IMG_0109-M.jpg

Add platenuts and you are done.

And you'll need to trim the stock fairing to fit the fuselage shape with (IIRC) 1/4" to 3/8" clearance all the way around, to give room to install the rubber trim strip that seals against the fuse wall. On mine out of the box, the clearance varied quite a bit from nil to about 1/8" when I first fit it to the wing.

And you'll need to trim the stock fairing to fit the fuselage shape with (IIRC) 1/4" to 3/8" clearance all the way around, to give room to install the rubber trim strip that seals against the fuse wall. On mine out of the box, the clearance varied quite a bit from nil to about 1/8" when I first fit it to the wing.

Yep. Easiest way to do this is to lay a regular sharpie brand marker flat on the side of the fuselage with the tip pointed down to mark on the fairing. I found a shapie was exactly the right diameter to mark the proper clearance here.

My -7 plans show the fairing gap trim distance to be 1/4" maximum and 3/16 minimum.
For the 7, a 3/8" would be too large a gap.

Where on the drawings or instructions is the wing root fairing to fusalage gap dimension? I must be blind because I can not seem to find it.

Thanks in advance.

I dont remember where it was in the instructions but I do agree with Bob on the 3/16 to 1/4 range on the gap. Mine is tight and I have no issue with the seal coming off. No glue.