Adam Oke

Well Known Member
Exciting stuff.

My Isham kit arrive. Everything looks great! Now I get to sit and look at them waiting for my practice kits to arrive ...

DSCF0007.jpg

You can check out my blog if you want to snoop through my tool box. Mind you its pretty much only filled with Isham Tools. Let me know what you think of the site too. It's a work in progress, but will soon be filled with progress ;)

One thing I did by my mistake was order the Professional Tight Fit Drill Kit with bits instead of getting the Air Angle Drill with Bits.

I like the idea of having a separate air angle drill. Anyone care to give their personal opinion on one vs. the other? Should it stay or should it go?

RE:FUN

HI Adam

The project is fun from practice kit to painting the whole plane. ENJOY:D

Frank @ 1L8 ...RV7A... Painting

I have a right angle attachment for my drill. Mine is from Avery, and I like it. I have only needed to use it a few times so far, and the expense of the drill just doesn't seem justified.

Are those black sharpies? I hear they are bad, blue is the way to go.

"If it 's blue it's ok but if it's black it has been outlawed at the airlines and production floor.. Black has carbon that creates corrosion."

BTW, I bought my kit from Isham too. That DRDT-2 is a pretty cool piece of gear.

Last edited:
Are those black sharpies? I hear they are bad, blue is the way to go.

"If it 's blue it's ok but if it's black it has been outlawed at the airlines and production floor.. Black has carbon that creates corrosion."

BTW, I bought my kit from Isham too. That DRDT-2 is a pretty cool piece of gear.

Yes the sharpies are black. It looks like I'll have to do my homework on the blue vs. black remark!

The DRDT-2 is pretty sweet! It took a little bit to make sure it's all lined up, but I think I've got it perfect now. Heavy sucker...

I'll keep an eye on your progress. Looks like we're on a similar timeline and on the same airplane.